Business members club expands as food venue for pop-up restaurants
Empire House, the business members club established three years ago, has announced an expansion as it transforms into a unique food venue on Thursday and Friday evenings, starting in 2024.
The club is opening its doors, for free, to aspiring and fledgling food businesses, providing them with an opportunity to showcase their culinary talents.
Recognising the challenges faced by small food businesses, Empire House is offering its kitchen facilities for free to selected food companies during the designated evenings. This initiative aims to support local entrepreneurs and contribute to Slaithwaite’s culinary scene.
In 2023, Empire House trialled the concept and it proved to be a success, creating a dynamic space for food enthusiasts, community engagement and support for small businesses – the very reason the business was set up in the first instance.
Empire House has already secured a robust booking list for the upcoming year, including RAD Burgers, Tikka Chance on Me, Icarus and Apollo, Crust Culture, The Little Sri Lankan and El Fuego, to name a few.
Any interested food businesses are encouraged to reach out and book their spot, as there are still openings available.
Key features of hosting a pop-up at Empire House include:
- Free access to a fully equipped kitchen on Thursday and Friday evenings
- A prime location in Slaithwaite, with a sophisticated and welcoming ambiance
- Networking opportunities with fellow food businesses and potential customers
- Marketing support through Empire House’s channels to promote featured pop-up restaurants.
“We are thrilled to open our doors to more food businesses. This initiative aligns with our core values of community, collaboration, and support for small businesses. We already have a great line up, but we want to spread the word to as many chefs and food businesses as possible,” said Amy North Byram, founder of Empire House.
The first events of 2024 include:
- Tikka Chance on Me, Thursday 25th Jan, 5.30pm
- Icarus and Apollo, Friday 2nd Feb, 5.30pm
- Crust Culture, Friday 9th Feb, 5.30pm
- Bramble, vegan food – date TBC
For booking inquiries and more information, please contact: Amy North Byram, [email protected].