Meet Empire House manager, Ashleigh Schofield (AKA Ash)
Ashleigh Schofield is the manager of Empire House. Find out more about her, in this blog…
1. What’s your favourite thing about Empire House?
My favourite thing about working at Empire House is being surrounded by such lovely supportive people every day.
2. When you were younger, what job did you want to do when you grew up?
I wanted to be one of two things – either a professional dancer or a police woman.
3. Name one thing you like about Slaithwaite
Overall I think Slaithwaite as a community is so lovely. Everyone helps and supports each other as local businesses.
4. Where would you like to see Empire House in 10 years?
In 10 years I see Empire House having a few venues in different villages and being the top co-working space in West Yorkshire. I’d love to help it get there!
5. What’s your worst fear?
6. What’s your job role?
I am the manager of Empire House, which I love! As a manager I organise the events, manage the day-to-day, support members and conquer any problems we may come across!
7. What do you like doing outside of work?
Outside of work I like spending time with my family and friends, shopping and going out for tea – I also try and get myself to the gym.
8. What job did you do before Empire House?
I worked in bars before I started at Empire House. Those roles helped to build with my confidence, especially in approaching people I didn’t know.
9. Why should someone become a member at Empire House?
The opportunity to have a membership at Empire House is the perfect way to get out of the tiresome feeling of working from home and allows you to socialise with other members who were also in the same position. We also do very fun days out!
10. What’s your favourite food?